Canadian Visit Visa
What is a temporary resident visa or visitor visa?
It is an official document stamped in your passport. It is approval of the requirements you needed for visiting Canada.
Basic travel requirements
- Have a valid travel document ( passport)
- Be in a good health
- Good character holder( no criminal conviction)
- Convince immigration officer that you will be back due to your ties at home country.
- Have enough money for your stay in Canada
People who are not admissible to Canada
- Criminal activity
- Human rights violation
- Organized crime
You can also be non-admissible for security, health, and financial reasons.
Minor children traveling to Canada
Make sure what to do if your minor children (age under 18) is traveling with you, with someone else or alone.
- Get the application package, the application package includes an instruction, guide and all the forms you need to fill out.
- Pay your application fees, generally in most of the country application fees is submitted in Canadian dollars. Find more about fees and method of its submission. If you apply at a VAC, you are imposed to submit VAC services fees. This is not included in your application fees.
- Submit your application, families should send their individual application form in one package. Applicant must send the application form to the relevant address.
You may be asked for,
- An interview with Canadian officials
- Medical examination
- Police certificate
What happens after you apply for a visitor’s visa?
- You will need to give your fingerprints and photo (bio-metrics)
- Visa application process will occur
Arriving in Canada
A valid visa and documents do not guarantee that you are able to enter Canada. Your bio-metric is used to check that you are the same person who is nominated.
If you meet the entry requirements, the border services officer will stamp your passport and let you know how long you can stay in Canada.