Turkish Student Visa
Turkey is one of the most beautiful and unique country of the world which is not only connects two continents but two civilizations, cultures, languages and traditions. Turkey is Center of Khilafat of Muslims with rich history of historic and ancient monuments. Turkey has one of the best education systems of the world as world famous higher education institutions are famous all over the globe for top quality education. The prestigious universities of Turkey have earned good reputation with impressive way of teaching and modern way of education.As an international student in Turkey one can have the opportunity to experience both modernity and tradition in one of the safest and most stable countries in the region. Some Turkish Universities has English as the teaching language while others will offer the opportunity to learn English. Above all, the high quality of education will make you more than ready for a future anywhere in the world. Positioned at the crossroads of east and west, the Turkish landscape encompasses a vast variety of geographical zones, it has the combined characteristics of three continents of the world: Europe, Africa and Asia. Due to its location, surrounded by seas on three sides, Turkey as always been the center of great trade, silk and spice routes. Today, even in the most inaccessible or isolated corners, one can easily feel and see the traces of different cultures infact a vast cultural country.
Aside from students from the Northern Republic of Cyprus, all other world citizens need to get a visa in order to travel to Turkey for study purposes.
Exempt from the Turkish Study Visa requirement are the following:
- International students that want to complete a bachelor or master degree in Turkey, who have previously completed their secondary and high education in Turkey.
- Students, whose parents are in Turkey with a work visa and residence permit.
- Blue Card Holders
It is highly recommended to lodge your application for a Turkish student visa on time, in order to avoid any problems. The time frame for Turkey student visa submission is as follows:
- The earliest you can apply: 60 days before your intended departure to Turkey.
- The latest you are permitted to apply: one month prior to your trip.
Obtaining a student visa before departing your home country is a requirement for formal registration as a student at a Turkish university. Therefore, students who come to Turkey without a student visa will neither be allowed to register as a student at the university nor receive a residency permit once in the country.
Student visas must be obtained from a Turkish consulate, generally the one nearest your place of residence in the country of your nationality. Student visas CANNOT be issued from within Turkey. You must take or mail a copy of your “Letter of Acceptance” from a Turkish university and a completed visa application form to the appropriate Turkish Consulate. Consulate staff can provide you with an application form upon request. Please note that it generally takes around eight weeks from the time you submit your application until you receive your visa. The student visa will be stamped in your passport.
Although a time limit will be indicated on your visa, your student visa remains valid as long as you are enrolled at school.
When you apply for an Education visa for Turkey, the online form will give you the opportunity to select one of the following, accordingly which will help to select the right student visa for Turkey:
- Internship visa
- Internship ERASMUS
- Internship AIESEC
- Turkish Language Course Purpose
- Course Purpose
- Education Purpose
- Education in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Whether you are applying to study at a university in Turkey, to attend a course or to do an internship, you should present proof of that. A Letter of Acceptance, or its equivalent will be required from every person applying for a Turkish study Visa.
Make sure you have this letter in your hands, before you proceed with the rest of the application procedures.
According to the latest regulations set by Turkish Consulate in Pakistan, applications with original acceptance letter will only be accepted. Moreover, applications without the original acceptance letter will not be accepted at any cost. To get the acceptance letter, applicants should request his/her university to email the acceptance letter to the prospective consulate.
It is advised to Pakistani students that apply their study visa with consulate of Turkey instead of embassy of Turkey because consulate of Turkey takes less time to assess and verify visa application as compared to embassy of Turkey.
Turkish Embassy in Islamabad: http://islamabad.emb.mfa.gov.tr/Mission
Turkish Consulate General in Karachi: http://karachi.cg.mfa.gov.tr/Mission
When the acceptance email from Turkish university is received by Gerry’s, the applicants are contacted and then asked to submit their applications and attach a hard copy of the email to the print out of application for onward submission to the consulate.
Documents Required While Applying For Turkish Student Visa
- A hard copy of the Visa Application Form
- Passport valid for more than 08 months after the arrival in Turkey and attested photocopies of all previous passports
- One or more biometric photographs with a white background that is a simple Passport size photograph (5cm x5cm) with white background. Get a scanned copy of these photographs to email them to the concerned authorities if required.
- Attested photocopies of academic transcript and previous certificates or degrees with their English translations
- Equivalence statement proving the equivalency of your qualification like A-level-level certificates
- For masters program, the applicant should attach or upload the bachelor’s degree and transcript with English translation.
- A travel health insurance certificate, valid for 90 days from your entry date in Turkey is generally required to apply for a visa. Your travel agency can easily provide this certificate or if you are applying through an academic consultant then your study abroad consultant might help you to get the certificate.
- Sometimes polio vaccination certificate is also required
- Proof of flight reservations to Turkey
- Turkish university acceptance letter with other academic documents
- Student’s bank account which can deal with foreign currencies like euro, dollar etc
- A medical certificate from recognized government hospital.
- Police clearance certificate
- Financial Sponsor letter. A student has to submit an affidavit if he is personally sponsoring the funds for the study program. Otherwise, it is necessary to provide a guarantee letter from your financial sponsor. In such cases, the sponsor’s CNIC and signature are also required.
- Applicant’s consent letter for verification of documents
- Admission letter from institute must be attached.
- Contact address in Turkey
- Language proficiency certificates
- Consent letter of the parents are required for under 18 students
- Marriage certificate with spouse’s documents if applied
The visa fee in Pakistani Rupees is as follows
- Single Entry: 9.000 PRs
- Multiple Entries: 36.000 PRs
- Single Transit: 9.000 PRs
Visa Processing Time for Pakistani Students
The Printed and signed application form along with the mentioned documents are sent to the Gerry’s. Gerry’s might have certain objections and return your application. Try to submit a foolproof application at Gerry’s and wait for the response. The processing of visa takes 4-8 week and then you can fly as a study abroad student in Turkey.
For a single entry visa a non-refundable visa application charge of 48$ US applies to most visa applications.