Study in Malaysia
In the modern world, with the ongoing increase in the influx of students seeking international education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, many countries have gained popularity amongst prospective students with their simple student visa application process and policies. Malaysia is one such country which has become a hub for international students. The Malaysian Government has introduced simplified and hassle-free entry procedures to welcome international students like you to study at the Malaysian public and private higher educational institutions. In the modern world, with the ongoing increase in the influx of students seeking international education at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, many countries have gained popularity amongst prospective students with their simple student visa application process and policies. Malaysia is one such country which has become a hub for international students. The Malaysian Government has introduced simplified and hassle-free entry procedures to welcome international students like you to study at the Malaysian public and private higher educational institutions.
A visa is required, but the procedure is simple like one does not need to apply for a permit from the Malaysian Embassy in their home country to enter Malaysia to study, except for students from the People’s Republic of China. The visa will be issued upon arrival in Malaysia at the immigration checkpoint provided with valid travel documents and a letter of approval for a student pass by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
As an international student, it is required to get the student visa, and we recommend that students submit the application form and the Registration and Visa processing fee, it will take 4 – 12 weeks for Malaysia Immigration to process the Visa application for International Students. For the students who want to study in Malaysia for their higher education, the procedure for a student visa for Malaysia is a crucial aspect to keep in mind. Malaysia student visas are provided to prospective students through the Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS), which is owned by the Malaysian Ministry of Education.
Here we will discuss how to apply for Malaysian Study Visa:
Step 1. The student submits an application form for study, together with the relevant documents to the intended educational institution which has the official approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs (Immigration Department) to recruit international students.
Step 2: The Student’s application is accepted by the educational institution, which then helps to apply for a student pass at the Malaysian Immigration Department in Malaysia (except for students from the PRC).
Step 3: Upon acceptance, a letter of approval for the student pass is released by the Malaysian Immigration Department to the educational institution for them to pass on to the student
Step 4: Before leaving his/her country for Malaysia, the student informs the educational institution of his/her port of entry (airport), flight number, arrival date, and time.
Step 5: Upon arrival at the airport in Malaysia, the educational institution’s representative receives the student at the immigration check-point
Step 6: Within two weeks of the student’s arrival, the educational institution submits the student’s passport to the Immigration Department, which attaches the student pass sticker.
To study in Malaysia, there are a few eligibility requirements which need to be met by the applicant:
· International students must have completed at least 12 years of education.
· Students must have undergone a national or international examination recognized by the respective Ministry of Education to be applicable for a Malaysia student visa.
· In the situation that the student visa applicant has completed his or her prior education in an English speaking country, scores for exams such as SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc. are not required.
Apart from this, the candidate must meet the individual Malaysian institution eligibility requirements to be applicable for a Malaysia student visa.
The documents as are necessary for Malaysia student visa for students as follows
1. One copy of covering letter
2. Visa application forms
3. Two recent photographs of applicants
4. Original and photocopy of Pakistan National Identity card
5. Original passport & photocopy of passport (A4 size) validity of the visa must be more than 6 (six) months during a time of travel.
6. Original & photocopies of confirmed airline tickets.
7. Original & photocopy of an offer letter from university or college.
8. Original copy of Bank statement/s for the last six (6) months (minimum Rs. 100,000) sufficient funds to cover expenses of individual or group travel (must be verified/certified by the issuing bank).
9.Original & photocopy of approval letter from the Immigration Department, Malaysia.
10. Affidavit of support letter from sponsor & copy of sponsor CNIC.
11. . Original copy of the sponsor’s bank statement – verified by the issuing bank (sufficient funds to cover student’s expenses).
12. Confirmed ticket preference Malaysia Airlines/ PIA.
Once the above is received, all required documents will be submitted to FedEx, and they will forward it to the Malaysian Embassy for the Student Visa application. Usually, this process takes three working days.
Work Policy for Malaysia Student Visa Holders:
Student visa holders studying at a Malaysian institution are allowed to work part-time for at most 20 hours a week only during holidays or breaks, which last longer than a duration of 7 days. Before taking up employment, a Malaysian student visa holder is required to apply to work part-time via the Malaysian institution at which the student is pursuing education. Malaysian student visa holders are not allowed to work as cashiers or in activities considered immoral by Malaysian law.
Malaysia Student Visa Processing Time:
The average processing duration for a student visa for Malaysia is around 5-6 days. This student visa application processing time may vary slightly for different situations and application center locations.
Visa Fees – 590 PKR
FedEx Fees – 1000 PKR Approx.