The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
Prince Edward Island is Canada’s smallest province but offers rewarding career opportunities. The PEI PNP is an immigration program which invites foreign individuals to contribute to the province’s economy. The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program is divided into two major categories named as Business Impact and Labour Impact which is further divided into various subcategories.
PEI PNP is Canada’s one of Provincial nominee program under which nominated individuals, according to the set criteria of provinces, can get Canadian permanent residence often in less than 6 months.
PEI PNP based on an Expression of Interest system which means that immigrants need to connect with the nominee program before the apply formally and as mentioned earlier there are many streams under PEI PNP for individuals who want to work and live in Prince Edward Island.
PEI provincial nominee program is divided into the following categories:
Business Impact Category
Business Impact Category is for individuals who want to invest or wants to manage business in Prince Edward Island. It’s for the foreign individuals with business ownership or with management experience who want to move and live in PEI and to start their business and there are three streams under this category for PEI immigration:
- 100% Ownership stream is for foreign nationals who will assume full ownership of a local business and this business could be new or will buy an existing business.
- Partial Ownership Stream as depicting from the name, a stream in which foreign nationals who will purchase part of a local business, in fact, one third part of the business or investment of 1,000,000 CAD in an existing business.
- Work Permit Stream in which foreign worker is granted work permit sothey can work in the PEI and work in the business planned to invest in and to gain experience in day to day operations before investment.
Labour Impact Category
Labour Impact Category is for the candidates who want to live and work in the Province but not to own any business. These visas are granted on the basis of an individual’s personal needed skills, his education, experience and demand of the province. This immigration category is further divided into the following streams:
Skilled Worker Stream for the candidates who are hired by the PEI employer. There are certain requirements for the stream like;
- The job offer must be full time and in skilled occupation according to NOC skill level A, B or 0.
- Have a valid work permit to work in Canada and must have post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Candidate must have two years of full-time work experience in the past five years.
- Have sufficient proficiency in English or French to perform the job offered and to show the ability in language minimum CLB is required.
- Candidate have to demonstrate a genuine intention to work and live in PEI and settle there with sufficient financial resources.
- The top of all candidates must be 21-59 years old. Candidate must have legal status in the current country of residence.
And the employer must offer employment which is:
- The employment a contract is for a permanent position or minimum for two years.
- Employment should be according to the applicant’s education, training and experiences.
- Employment should be full time with a varified employment contract and settlement support.
- Employment terms and conditions meet all applicable provincial and federal employment standards and have an industry wage rate.
- The employment should be in Prince Edward Island.
- Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA is provided if required.
Critical Worker Stream is for the workers in semi-skilled or unskilled profession. This stream is almost utilized for talent recruitment as potential Canadian immigration option for workers with a job offer in PEI in any of the following occupations: truck driver, customer service representative, laborer, food and beverage server, or housekeeping attendants like general labour.
Eligibility Criteria for this Stream is:
- Candidate must hold a valid work permit
- Have a full-time long term job offer from PEI employer means it should be permanent or minimum for 2 years.
- Candidate minimum a high school graduate.
- He must be aged 18 to 59.
- Language proficiency with minimum CLB 4.
- A genuine intention demonstration to settle in PEI.
- Have spent six months working full time for PEI employer.
- The positions must be in semi-skilled or unskilled positions among a NOC level of C or D.
PEI Express Entry Immigration
One can apply for PEI Express Entry nomination for permanent residency through PNP. This stream is the key part of Prince Edward Island provincial nominee program. The nomination through PEI PNP will increase chances that the invitation to apply will be issued to the candidate from the Federal Government.
To be eligible through PEI Express Entry candidate must meet the requirements at least one of the Federal Economic Immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trade Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Candidate can create profiles through IRCC to be placed in the pool of candidates.
- First, a candidate has to create a PEI PNP Expression of Interest profile then he will be asked to provide a valid email address and identification information including passport details. Once the account has been verified, the candidate will be able to proceed to complete the profile. Applicants can only have one active profile at any one time.
- The candidate will have active profiles in both the federal Express Entry system and the PEI Expression of Interest system. Current profile will remain active in the latter for up to six months.
- The EOI form is not a formal application to the PEI PNP so as a result, there is no submission fee. However, candidates who are invited to apply to the PEI PNP and submit an application are required to pay an application fee of 300 CAD.
- Then candidates are assigned scores out of 100 in the PEI Express Entry Steam grid point which is mainly dependent on the job offer in PEI.
The Prince Edward Island Points Calculator
Here below we will discuss points in accordance with the factors.
|CLB 9 & 10||20|
|Below CLB 7||0|
|Highest education credential||Points|
|Master’s level or Ph.D. from a graduate school of a college or university, after completion of aBachelor’s or Master’s degree||15|
|Post-secondary academic degree (Bachelor) from a college or that required at least three years of full-time study||12|
|Post-secondary diploma in a specific trade that required at least two years of full-time study after secondary school||10|
|Completion of secondary school||0|
|More than 6 years||20|
Candidates are awarded points for this based on NOC according to their Express Entry profile and it totally depends on the job offer from PEI.
|Working in PEI on a valid work permit.||5|
|Job offer in PEI related to educational credentials.||5|
|Overseas qualification verified with the regulated body in PEI. This is not an ECA.||5|
|Minimum 1-year continuous full-time work experience in PEI.||5|
If received a nomination from PEI candidate can obtain 600 additional CRS points.
Successful profiles receive an invitation to apply and have 90 days to submit an application to the PEI PNP and then candidates have to submit the application for permanent residence after the completion of all the required documentation.