- September 16, 2020
- Posted by: ASIFCONSULTING
- Category: General
Queensland Small Business Owners – 491 visas as a pathway
Queensland has introduced a stream for the migrants operating a business in a regional area. Candidates must have an occupation on Home Affairs Instrument with a positive skills assessment. Candidates under this stream must not be studying currently and have full-time work rights.
Nominations are offered under Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa subclass 491. Which allows nominated skilled workers to live and work in Queensland. In Queensland, migrants can get nominated for five years and a pathway to permanent residency.
Eligibility for Queensland nomination:
Candidates must meet both the Australian Department of Home Affairs (HA) criteria and Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ). It is a must for the chosen visa category.
To be selected for HA criteria requires candidate:
- To have a point test with 65 or higher, state nomination points included.
- Positive skills assessment in the nominated occupation.
- Age must be under 45 years.
- Must meet the competent minimum English language requirement.
- Submit additional documents needed to lodge an application for a subclass 491 visa.
To be selected for BSMQ criteria requires candidates:
- Must have an occupation on HA’s Legislative instrument.
- Past business experience for a minimum of 6 months, with related qualifications and family, run business experience.
- On a full time work visa
- Purchased any existing business in regional Queensland
- Investment of minimum $100,000 in business before submission of an EOI
- Have full ownership of the business.
- Be trading in that business at least for 6 months before application.
- Evidence of sufficient funds.
Review the Eligibility criteria and get the documentation ready accordingly.
Submit an Expression of Interest with SkillSelect for Queensland State Nomination. All information should be added in EOI.
Submit an online 491-SBO assessment for.
EOI must meet the HA and BSMQ criteria. If it’s successful, the candidate will receive an email invitation and then provide documentation.
After receiving the invitation, one should upload the required documents.
Then pay the non-refundable application fee to BSMQ. Candidates will be given 14 days to the application from the date of invitation.
Once the application is received and approved from BSMQ, the invitation will be received from then HA to lodge a visa application. To lodge an application with HA 60 days will be given.
How can we help you?
During this pandemic, we as Australian Immigration consultants will update you with the latest rules and regulations. Help you to cope up with this traumatic scenario, which prevails all over the globe. Stay connected with us our expert Immigration consultants will help you out for Consultancy services, Global citizenship, Business immigration, Skilled immigration, Study visa, Visit visa and Scholarships.