Your Ultimate Guide to Applying for Residence in Portugal for Living and Family Reunification
APPLYING FOR PERMANENT Portugal RESIDENCE IN PORTUGAL
FOR LIVING IN PORTUGAL AND WITH FAMILY
The application for the resident title should be clear(via an electronic platform – to be implemented for holders of residence visas) and it should be submitted personally on a standard form signed by the applicant or his/her legal representative. The application may be submitted to any SEF’s directorate or regional delegation, which, after proceedings and decision, will forward it to the directorate or regional delegation of the applicant’s area of residence. The necessary documentation is as follows:
- Two recent, identical photographs, in color with a blank background, and easily identifiable (only for appointments at Odivelas, Aveiro, or Braga SEF bureau)
- The passport original was not copied
- Valid residence visa
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence, as per the provisions of Order number 1563/2007, of 11/12
- Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation and necessary details
- Permission for SEF to check Portuguese criminal records (except for those under 16 years old)
- A document attesting to the existence of a family relationship, where applicable
- Supporting evidence of registration within the Tax Authority and your tax history
- Document proving that the applicant is registered with Social Security, where applicable
- Health insurance or supporting evidence he/she is covered by the National Health Service
The conceding of a home license will involve: the shortfall of any reality which, whenever known to the skillful specialists, would block the giving of the visa; Nonattendance of conviction for wrongdoing which in Portugal is deserving of a custodial sentence of over one year; The candidate isn’t inside a time of preclusion of section into the public domain, following an ejection measure from the country; No sign in the Schengen Data Framework; No sign in SEF’s Coordinated Data Framework for non-confirmation purposes, under article 33 of the Outsiders Act.
Without bias to any exceptional lawful arrangements (as when the Outsiders Act gives explicit various cutoff times), with the change acquainted with article 75 of the Outsiders Act, by article 192 of Act n.º 75-B/2020 of 31 December – State Financial plan to 2021 in force since 01/01/2021 and to 2021 -, the impermanent home license is legitimate for a long time [and not only one] from the date of issue of the comparing title and sustainable for progressive times of three years [and not only for two].
The accompanying regulatory offenses apply: Article 192 of the Outsiders Act (Unlawful Stay); Article 197 of the Outsiders Act (No section announcement); Article 198 of the Outsiders Act (Unapproved free proficient action); Article 199 of the Outsiders Act (No movement archive).
FOR ENTRY INTO PORTUGUESE FOREIGN CITIZENS NEED TO ENSURE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
- Be carrying a travel document with a validity of at least 3 months for the duration of the desired stay.
- Have a valid visa appropriate for the stay. This visa must always be applied for in a diplomatic mission or consular post of Portuguese based abroad.
- Have sufficient funds, and financial support for subsistence for the period of stay.
- They are not registered in the Sef Integrated Information System or the Schengen Information System.
For short stays, nationals of the following third countries are exempt from a visa
VISA APPLICATIONS (SHORT STAY VISAS/ TEMPORARY STAY VISAS/RESIDENCE VISAS)
Only residents, temporary and short-stay visas are granted to third-world country nationals who fulfill the following general conditions:
- they have not been subject to a removal measure from the country and are in the subsequent period of interdiction of entry into the national territory;
- are not indicated for non-admission to the Schengen Information System by any of the Contracting Parties;
- are not indicated for non-admission to the Integrated Information System of the SEF, under Article 33;
- have means of subsistence, as defined by an ordinance of the members of the Government responsible for the areas of internal administration and social solidarity;
- have a valid travel document like a passport with 3 months duration ;
- Get travel insurance.
The visa application is submitted to the consular post in the country of habitual residence or in the country of the consular jurisdiction area of the State of residence.
Go to the Portal of Portuguese Communities / Visas for more information
ENTRY BY BORDER IS NOT SUBJECT TO CONTROL / DECLARATION OF ENTRY
Foreigners entering Portugal through a border not subject to control are obliged to declare this within 3 working days of the date of entry, except foreign nationals:
- Residents or authorized to stay in the country for more than 180 days.
- benefiting from the Community or equivalent scheme.
- To settle in hotel establishments or the like.
How can we help you?
We as Immigration Consultants are always here to guide our worthy clients regarding their Immigration and travel queries. We as Canadian immigration consultants will update you with the latest rules and regulations. So stay connected with us. We deal with the UK, USA, Australia,Canada, and Portugal.
Our expert Immigration consultants will help you out with Consultancy services, Global citizenship, Business Immigration, Skilled Immigration, Study visa, Visit visas & Scholarships. Stay in touch with us to get the latest updates about the immigration process.
Contact us at 051-8314775 or +923338888470 for better consultation.