New Immigration pathway introduced by Newfoundland and Labrador
Newfoundland and Labrador’s provincial government has introduced a new immigration pathway, which is recently announced on November 18. This immigration pathway is actually to select and settle those newcomers who are highly educated and highly-skilled, already in the province.
This new immigration pathway is Priority Skills Newfoundland and Labrador will focus on the persons who are highly skilled with work experience and highly educated. This newly introduced Immigration pathway is found under the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program. This program is launched earlier in November as it was expected to launch on January.2.2021.
Province has to address Labour shortage in certain high growth sectors as it has emerged as the response to employer’s demand for experienced and skilled workers.
Eligibility for the Priority Skills Pathway:
Candidates with a graduate degree in Information and Communication Technology, Healthcare, Ocean Technology, Agriculture and Aquaculture or Masters or Ph.D. graduate from Memorial University.
Skilled Workers with work experience in the following high-demand and highly skilled occupations will be eligible:
- Software Developers
- UI/UX Developer
- Electrical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Python Developer
- Al Developer
- .NET Developer
- Security Specialist
- Cloud Specialist
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Computer Network Support
- Bio Information
Candidates should show proficiency in English with the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 or more.
Immigrate to Newfoundland and Labrador in other ways:
There are other ways through the following categories like Express Entry Skilled Worker Category, International Graduate Category, Skilled Worker Category, the International Graduate Entrepreneur Category, and International Entrepreneur Category.
- Province selects Skilled workers through Canada’s Federal Express Entry System under the Express Entry Skilled Worker Category. Selected candidates must have a job offer in the province.
- The Skilled Worker Category target candidates with a job offer received from an employer in the province. It is also for those candidates who are having a valid work permit and working in the province.
- International Graduate Category is for recent graduates having the Post-Graduate Work Permit with a job or with a valid job offer in the province.
- The International Entrepreneur Category for the candidates who want to purchase or start a business in the province. Candidates before applying must be operating business for a year in the province.
- The International Graduate Entrepreneur Category is for an international graduate who wants to start a business in the province and provide them with a pathway for permanent residence.
- Candidates have also the option to apply through Atlantic Immigration Pilot but for this category, they must also have a job offer in the province.
How can we help you?
We as Immigration Consultants are always here to guide our worthy clients regarding their Immigration and travel queries. As we know that Immigration to Canada is not an easy task but it is achievable if certain requirements are met.
In this pandemic, we as Canadian immigration consultants will update you with the latest rules and regulations. To cope up with this traumatic scenario, which prevails all over the globe. Stay connected with us our expert Immigration consultants will help you out for Consultancy services, Global citizenship, Business immigration, Skilled immigration, Study visa, Visit visa & Scholarships.
Stay in touch with us to get the latest updates about the immigration process. Contact us at 051-8314775 or +923338888470 for better consultation help.