New Brunswick Nominee Program
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program is for the immigrants who possess the skills, education and work experience targeted by the province, needed to contribute to the province’s economy. The province of New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province in Canada and plays host to a number of designated provincial nominee programs to attract newcomers who will be able to fill the workforce gaps and contribute to local economies and communities. The immigrants who are targeted by the province will receive a New Brunswick provincial nominee certificate, after receiving this prospective immigrant can apply for Canadian permanent residence.
The province operates several Immigration Streams:
New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream
New Brunswick Express Entry Labour Market Stream which allows the NBPNP to use the Federal Express Entry Immigration Selection System, Express Entry is a completely electronic process involving the federal government, provincial governments, and Canadian employer, to meet Province’s labour and economic needs. This stream is aligned with Express Entry system which is a pathway to permanent residence for highly skilled individuals and operates under Expression of Interest model.
In order to be eligible for this stream candidate must score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 according to selection factors and criteria specified by the NBPNP and accepting Expression of Interest from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must have a valid Express Entry profile and job seeker validation code.
- Candidate must be living and working in New Brunswick in an occupation classified as a skill level 0, A and B under the NOC.
- Provides a letter of employment from the employer.
- Have a valid Canadian work permit.
- Language proficiency with CLB 7.
- And finally a valid Educational Credential Assessment.
Candidates must score 67 out of 100 points based on the following selection factors with an arranged job offer from the Province based employer. Selection factors and their points are given below:
|Education||Maximum 25 points|
|Language ability in English and/or French||Maximum 28 points|
|Work experience||Maximum 15 points|
|Age||Maximum 12 points|
|Arranged employment in New Brunswick||Maximum 10 points|
|Adaptability||Maximum 10 points|
|Total||Maximum of 100 points|
|Pass mark:||67 Points|
Skilled Worker with Employer Support Stream
Skilled Worker with Employer Support Stream is a provincial nominee program operated by the Brunswick and is for the highly skilled individuals who have received a full-time job offer from a New Brunswick employer. To be eligible under this program:
- Candidates must be between 22 and 55 years of age.
- Have sufficient English or French language skills consistent with CLB 4.
- Candidates must have sufficient work experience and their job must be representing any of the required skill level.
- Candidate must have a valid job offer from an eligible New Brunswick employer and job should be according to the National Occupational Classification.
- Candidates must score at least 50 points on the New Brunswick Skilled Worker Applicant Point Assessment Grid.
Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream in which New Brunswick accepts applications under this category for the candidates who have graduated from a recognized institution in New Brunswick and have started or acquired the business in New Brunswick. To be eligible under this stream candidates must fall under below-described conditions:
- At very first place candidates must have shown a connection with Brunswick in a way like they have completed a valid 2-year post-secondary degree in New Brunswick and have operated own business in the province at least for 2 years.
- Candidates must have proved proficiency in Language by CLB 7.
- Candidate must have owned or operated a business in New Brunswick for at least one year with a post-graduate work permit at the time of application.
- Candidates must be aged between 22 and 40 years old on the time their application is received and candidates must score at least 65 points on the New Brunswick Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream Assessment Grid.
There are 100 points for Assessment factors in total among which 65 have to be achieved.
|Economic Benefit of the Business||10|
Entrepreneurial Stream is for the candidates who plan to own or actively manage a business in Brunswick. This stream actually targets the business owner or senior business managers who are willing to invest with a significant net worth and be willing to invest in a new business or purchase an existing business in New Brunswick.
Skilled Workers with Family Support
There is another Steam which is named as Skilled Workers with Family Support but this program is closed permanently on February 16, 2018.
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program AIPP is an economic growth initiative developed in partnership between the federal government and Canada’s Atlantic provinces Which facilitates the immigration process for newcomers who have obtained a job offer from a designated the employer in the Atlantic region. New Brunswick one of the four participating provinces working with the Government of Canada to recruit foreign workers to meet with the labour shortage there.