International Students in Canada to renew their post-graduate work permit
A public policy for international students is in place on March 3rd, 2021 to help them as well as Temporary residents living in Canada. There is continuous support for international students and for those temporary residents who stay, live, and work in Canada during the pandemic restrictions.
A work permit can be issued for 18 months which allows candidates to work anywhere in Canada meanwhile.
Eligibility for Open Work Permit
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- PGWP – Post Graduation Work Permit.
- Which is expired on or after January 30, 2020.
- Or will expire in four months from the date you apply for the open work permit.
- When public policy took effect, the candidate was in Canada.
There are certain criteria in the following conditions:
- Candidates with temporary resident status.
- Lost Temporary Resident Status but already applied to restore it.
- Under certain conditions already applied for this open work permit.
- It is included in the application that you have applied for an open work permit under public policy.
- Have a valid passport.
- The work permit will be issued for up to 18 months until the passport expires.
- To maximize the duration make sure that the passport should be valid for at least 18 months.
Government of Canada Needs to Support International Students
International Students which are approved for a study permit are considered skilled migrants. Candidates can carry a post-secondary credential and they can either speak either English or French. It is needed to help in the country’s labor market.
Record of International Students in Canada
There were over 642,000 International students in Canada in December 2019. To fill the immigrants, international students are here to fill the gap. Canada has to make different policies or changes in public policies to deal with the pandemic. They will feel safe knowing that they have support from the government and the country.
How can we help you?
We as Immigration Consultants are always here to guide our worthy clients regarding their Immigration and travel queries.
In this pandemic, we as Canadian immigration consultants will update you with the latest rules and regulations. To cope up with this traumatic scenario, which prevails all over the globe. Stay connected with us our expert Immigration consultants will help you out with Consultancy services, Global citizenship, Business immigration, Skilled immigration, Study visa, Visit visa & Scholarships.
Stay in touch with us to get the latest updates about the immigration process. Contact us at 051-8314775 or +923338888470 for better consultation help.