- January 1, 2024
- Posted by: ASIFCONSULTING
- Categories: General, News Update
The Hungarian Government has announced new immigration changes to start taking place from 1st January 2024 onwards. Hungary is aiming to tighten its regulations by bringing changes to its immigration rules. These immigration changes are significant for foreign nationals looking to visit Hungary on a work permit permission and it also effects already submitted applications undergoing processing. Expectations are that there will be two separate employment permit categories from now on:
- Skilled Workers permit: This permit allows the its holders to reside in Hungary for a maximum of 3 years.
- Guest Workers permit: Guest workers will be allowed in correlation with the number of vacant job positions in Hungary and will be permitted to stay in the country for a limited amount of time. The holders of this permit will also not be eligible for permanent residency and cannot bring along family members. They will also be required to take a resident labor market test.
The Government of Hungary has also announced a plan to bring forth the changes:
- Processing of immigration applications will be suspended from 1st January 2024 to 29th February 2024. During this time frame new employment permit requests will not be allowed to be submitted. There is speculation that registration certificates for EU nationals will also be suspended for the time period, but this is yet to be confirmed by Hungarian Authorities.
- Applications that have been submitted digitally and fully paid before 31st December 2023 will be considered submitted. Work permit applications from before the time frame will be judged under the old regulations.
- All residence permits expiring during this time frame will be extended till 30th April 2024.
- Submissions for new applications will be allowed again from the 1st of March.
This suspension is also effective on new residence permit applications, EU registration cards, and residence cards. Exceptions will only be made if the Hungarian government has classified the applications as required or if they are of national interest.
Need help with your Visa Applications?
Contact Asif Consulting for help regarding immigration to any country. Our immigration experts offer personalized guidance and comprehensive solutions for any issues you might have.
Contact Us Today!