As the data shows, there is a huge skill shortage in the automobile industry in Canada. Recently, many new automobile industries have stepped into Canada, as there is cheap land and a tax-free zone that attract these types of companies.
Volkswagen to make electric vehicle batteries in Canada and currently, Canada is facing a huge skilled shortage.
Germany’s car factory has chosen Canada to build its first battery plant outside of Europe to build its electric vehicle production chain in the region.
Mechanical engineering is the most demanding field in the engineering department in Canada, with a passion for machines, their analysis, design, manufacturing, maintenance, and installation. It is an ever-evolving field with potential growth prospects. This field’s activity sectors include applied mechanics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and production technology. Furthermore, this field has enormous potential in technology, exploration, and military applications.
Engineers are in high demand in the Canadian labor market, and people with skills, talent, and work experience are always welcome. When considering a move to Canada as an engineer, it is best to have a professional engineering license in Canada, and places like Alberta and Ontario are ideal for mechanical engineers because these provinces offer tremendous growth opportunities. Furthermore, emancipation opportunities, both professionally and personally, abound in Canada, and you need not be concerned if you have education and work experience on your side.
a few days before the end of the season, and there is a chance that you will be too late (PNP). The Express Entry program is a federal system that grants the candidate the right to settle anywhere in the country, whereas the Provincial Nominee Program is a province-based PR status that allows the candidate to stay only in the province where the PR status is obtained.
Express Entry Program
A selection system was proposed by the Canadaian Government in the year 2015 to bridge the gap in the skilled workforce in Canada by inviting young and skilled people to Canada. It is a fastest-route model in which applications are filed online. The candidates measure their points through a calculator called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The CRS tool calculates the points of the candidate on the basis of the following measurements :
- Age: There is no set age limit for immigrating to Canada, but being between the ages of 18 and 35 is considered the best to get a high chance of being accepted into the system.
- Language Points: language proficiency is highly valued in Canada, those who speak French are given extra credit and preferential points. Furthermore, English proficiency is reviewed using the IELTS score, and the higher the candidate’s IELTS score, the higher the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points, and the higher the number of chances to get selected.
- Education: Higher education leads to high points that are good for you . is the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points score. A good education never goes to waste and it is your added advantage at the time of immigration as well.
- Work Experience: Similar to Education more working experience will allow you to get more points. The ideal working experience to get high points is 5 to 10 years or more so that you can get high points.
- Adaptability Having a sibling/spouse in Canada is of added advantage for you as it allows you extra points. Blood relative in Canada is beneficial for you to get extra points.
After registering for the Express Entry Program, a candidate’s application is placed in the Express Entry Pool, from which the Express Entry Draws determine the minimum qualifying marks for candidates seeking Permanent Residency (PR). Once the minimum eligibility requirements are met, the candidate is considered eligible to apply for PR status and is sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA), which must be returned within 90 days.
Scope of Mechanical Engineering in Canada
There are three engineering departments that are in high demand in Canada: Information technology, Civil engineering, and Mechanical Engineering, and in this particular order itself. Thus, if you are a Mechanical Engineer and are planning to migrate to Canada then there is nothing to worry about, you are high in demand in Canada.
Most Mechanical Engineers in Canada will find employment in the industrial sector and as a professional of skilled abilities, you will have the choice to choose your area of specialties like development, research, testing, or manufacturing of the product. The occupation will entail full-time working hours with site visits whenever necessary and demanded by the organization.
Which Provinces in Canada are suitable for Mechanical Engineers?
The demand for Mechanical Engineers is really high typically in the western provinces of Canada with Vancouver and Calgary providing the applicants with high salaries and Toronto and Montreal being at number two in terms of vacancies .
Those Mechanical engineers who will be employed in the Oil- industry will earn slightly higher than their counterparts working in other industrial areas.
Some of the salary slabs in different regions is marked below:
- Toronto Between 67,100 $ 11,7,600 $
- Vancouver Between 67,700 $ 11,7,400$
- Montreal Between 63,100 $ 11,1,400$
- Calgary Between 69, 800 $ 12,0,400$
Some of the ways to seek employment in Canada
It’s your talent and skills which can help you get a job in Canada but sometimes a proper channel
guidance is needed to help you look for a job best suited for your profile. Some of the ways which can be helpful to you in this regard are:
- Online application: The internet has made it possible that you can start looking for profiles and employers even before you shift to Canada. However, a job in hand will come as a guarantee only after you meet the employer face to face after having shifted to Canada.
- Social Networking: Networking sites like LinkedIn and Meetup.com have made it easier to increase your social circle and be a part of technical meetups. Such forums can enhance your chances of attaining a good job offer.
- Look for jobs in areas where your job profile is in High demand:
- To earn exponentially and mark a difference in your earning earlier and now it is good for your career to choose a province where your skill and occupation are in high demand. For a Mechanical engineer, choosing Toronto or Vancouver is a smart move and best suitable for the career.
How hiring an Immigration service will help your case?
While the immigration process for Canada has become relatively easier and faster than before there are still some technical nuances that become difficult for a layman to understand. In this regard, professional help can help you understand the case better and can serve you through the immigration process in a seamless manner. Further, hiring a good immigration service will enable you with the support and guidance of an expert who will weigh all the options available in your case before providing you with the best possible deal.
But there are some things that one should keep in mind while hiring a consultancy like its ICCRC registration and a little background search and research about the credential of the company can help you choose your representatives wisely.
- “Job prospects for mechanical engineers in Canada”
- “Mechanical engineering opportunities in Canada’s manufacturing industry”
- “Demand for mechanical engineering graduates in Canada”
- “Mechanical engineering salaries in Canada”
- “Key skills required for mechanical engineers in Canada.”
- “Mechanical engineering research opportunities in Canada”
- “Mechanical engineering internships in Canada”
- “Mechanical engineering graduate programs in Canada”
- “Mechanical engineering licensure in Canada”
- “Mechanical engineering job market trends in Canada”