- August 18, 2020
- Posted by:
- Categories: General, News Update
Canadian Permanent Residence is available for Asylum Seekers, who belong to the healthcare industry. A new program introduced for this purpose, named as One-time program of immigration. The government of Canada offered permanent residency to asylum seekers with essential occupations during COVID-19. It’s especially working in Quebec for the one-time immigration program.
While the Federal Government is offering only to the front line healthcare workers. But in future, it is expected that other categories of workers will add. We as, Immigration Consultants, will guide you accordingly and will provide first-hand information.
To be Eligible for One-time Program:
- One must have claimed asylum before March 13, 2020.
- Before the asylum claim, work permits were issued.
- The applicant has worked in the healthcare sector.
- Have worked in a designated occupation for no less than 120 hrs in designated months.
Designated Occupations which are eligible under this program are:
- NOC 3011 Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
- Registered Nurses with NOC 3012
- NOC 3233 Auxiliary nurses
- Nursing Aides, Orderlies NOC 3413
- Home support Assistants with NOC 4412
- And professions involved in direct care.
- The applicant must have experience of six months in a designated occupation.
- If applying for Quebec, must have Certificate de selection du Quebec.
- Meet other requirements as well like security, criminality and health.
During this pandemic, we as Canadian immigration consultants will update you with the latest rules and regulations. To cope up with this traumatic scenario, which prevails all over the globe. Stay connected with us our expert Immigration consultants will help you out for Consultancy services, Global citizenship, Business immigration, Skilled immigration, Study visa, Visit visa & Scholarships.