Changes in Australian Immigration Policy
- May 4, 2023
- Posted by: Updation Team
- Category: General
Ministerial Directions (A new pathway for Temporary Skilled Visa)
The following changes are expected to appear in the New Policy
- Redesigning the system – Temporary skilled migration program.
Three new pathways for a temporary visa
- Fast and Simple – specialized highly skilled
- Mainstream skills – core skills – evidence-based assessments – earning above the threshold
- essential industrials
- Repurpose points test for temporary to permanent.
Creating new areas in the department which identify new skills needed.
B contd. Data-driven approach. JSA will be given the formal role to get labour shortages. Integrate the jobs market with the migration system. (JSA = Jobs and Skills Australia)
- Reduce visa categories and make them simpler
- (a). How to manage students. High-skill students are given easier opportunities for easier pathway
- (b). Clear pathways for skilled migrants – instead of moving from one visa to another and to another
From July 1 – the temporary skill threshold increased from 53k to 70k
By the End of 2023 – all skilled temporary workers will have a pathway to PR